Escape Room Rating: 91%
Your group has been summoned by the caretaker of an old victorian manor. It seems that the property has a problem of the paranormal kind. As members of a paranormal investigations unit, you jump at the chance to try out your new ghost detection gear. On arrival, you are escorted to an old two story library adorned with books and curious artifacts from the previous owners. The caretaker quickly locks the doors and traps you in. Your group must solve the mysteries of this old house and find a way to escape before the clock strikes midnight.
In our mind, one thing that sets apart Whispering Halls—especially from other rooms of it's 10 person size—is the breadth of puzzles that escapers can work on in tandem. A standout 'gen 2' room, Whispering Halls features abundant use of technology in their puzzles. Enchambered ups the bar from their previous room, (Containment Breach) with a set and well thought out story that rivals any theme park. Among our highest ratings, this room is a must-play in the Sacramento area.
- Technology use is top notch (Enchambered's calling card)
- Balanced mix of physical / mental puzzles
- As with all Enchambered rooms, technology is top notch
- Booking: $35 per person
- Hints: No limit, but the workers come in to give hints, which breaks a bit of the immersion. (Edit: Enchambered has since changed the way they give hints, it is now through a telephone).
- Capacity: 2 - 10 guests (could be paired with strangers)