Escape Room Rating : 70%
You and your friends have been captured and locked in the torture chamber of a notorious serial killer. You’re not the first victims of the American River Killer, dubbed the “ARK” killer. He has kidnapped and killed before.In her dying moments, a previous victim left clues and puzzles to help you find your way out. Scattered throughout the basement, you’ll find the hints you need to make your escape. Don’t be distracted by the flickering lights or the eerie sounds. Your very survival is on the line. Escape … or die trying …
Torture Chamber uses a solid room theme and a unique game setup that ups the sense of tension and urgency for escapers, as if a mad serial killer will return at any moment! A healthy mix of "linear" and "non-linear" clues keep everyone at a dynamic pace, with minor interruptions due to the game master physically entering the room to dispense hints. A group of 4-6 is optimal for experienced escapers—one of the things we appreciated about Exit Strategy is that they only offer private bookings.
- Fun initial split room setup that challenges team dynamic
- Excellent set design and theme
- Good pace, with a relaxed start and frantic ending
- Booking: ~ $25 - $35 per person (fully private booking)
- Hints: No hints allowed in the first 10 minutes or last 5 minutes. Game master physically enters room to give hints.
- Capacity: 2-12 guests (any higher than 8 not recommended)